Sunday evening means a call to my daughter in Vancouver, and I was surprised to find that the line was unreachable.
It wasn't until she emailed me this morning that I knew of the devastating storm that had hit Vancouver and Vancouver Island during the weekend.
Around half a million people have been without power. Trees have been falling on houses, on cars, on roads, with nasty accidents as a result.
In addition to my daughter and grandson, I'm thinking of people such as Lorrie, Honora, Christine, Joanne and many others who live in that area.
Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Amen to that - glad to read that your precious family are safe x
ReplyDeleteGood Morning Elizabethd, You must have been so worried about your family when you could not connect with them last night. I am glad to hear they are safe and sound..... but I am sad to hear people have been hurt due to the terrible storm. Like you, they are in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteBest Wishes to you.
Daphne
That is quite a storm. I'm glad your family is safe.
ReplyDeleteI Nope your family didn't sustain severe damage. There is nothing to be done other to ride out a storm in a save place then clean up and repair afterwards.
ReplyDeletePrayers for all. Glad to hear your family is safe. ♥
ReplyDeleteThank you for your prayers and concern, B. Vancouver certainly got the brunt of the storm. We here on the Island (at least in our area) had lots of little stuff blow down, but nothing major. Power was out for some time in some areas, but for us, the effect of the storm was negligible. I'm glad your daughter was able to email you to let you know she was okay. Power was out in some areas for several days.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth, I also had not been aware of the damaging storm in Vancouver.
ReplyDeleteSending best wishes to all who've been affected. co
That same storm hit Washington State and our area. We were fortunate just to be without power for 5-6 hours. Some people still do not have power today. The crews are working hard to get the power back on and to remove all the debris from the fallen trees. I have some photos on my blog of the tree damage in our immediate neighborhood. Glad your daughter was ok. That must have been unsettling not to be able to get through to her on Sunday night.
ReplyDeleteI hope that your daughter and family and everyone they know are safe and that everyone else is too. xx
ReplyDeleteglad everyone is safe; may it ever be so.
ReplyDeleteI live in Comox on Vancouver Island and we got virtually no wind. I am sure Vancouver took most of the brunt and a little in the Victoria area.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteشركة مكافحة الفئران بالخفجى
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالجبيل