Seventeen little jars of glowing jelly.
Marleen asked if I would share the recipe.
Way back in September 2008 I did a sort of photo 'tutorial', but I cant find a way to link it so that you can pick it up straight away.
http://frenchvillagelife.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/apple-jelly-day.html
http://frenchvillagelife.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/apple-jelly-day.html
But like any jelly making you just need a big preserving pan (you can see mine in the photo) in which to boil the fruit, a jelly bag to strain it, and preserving sugar to add to the juice. I put 1lb sugar to 1 pint juice.
Bring it to a rolling boil and after about 10 - 15 minutes the set will be starting. Fill lots of warm jars, and wait till it cools to eat!
how delicious, someone at work has made apple jam. I am guessing they are the same.
ReplyDeleteThe sight of your jars of Crab Apple jelly warms my heart on this cold September morning.
ReplyDeleteI would love to spread some on my toast for breakfast this morning B!
I found your link to the old post and here it is:
http://frenchvillagelife.blogspot.co.nz/2008/09/apple-jelly-day.html
Love
Shane x
They look so lovely all lined up ready to be consumed (slowly over time of course!)
ReplyDeleteDelicious I am sure!! xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteYour jelly jars are works of art!
ReplyDeletelooks lovely!
ReplyDeleteMy mom always made crabapple jelly. Jelly always looks so pretty in the jar.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth, your crabapple jelly jars glow like precious gems! Oh, I can imagine tasting the jelly with a little butter on toast. Yummy!
ReplyDeletexo
So beautiful! You make it sound so easy!
ReplyDeleteLovely.
ReplyDeleteThey do indeed glow, a gorgeous colour somewhere between pink and gold!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine how good the flavour is.
The jars of jam are so pretty! Our wild crabapple is loaded with fruit again this year and we plan to pull out your delicious recipe and replenish our pantry. Thank you so much for sharing it!
ReplyDeleteI really should try this , there were lots on my little crab apple tree this year : )
ReplyDelete