We had it yesterday but it didn't stick. Hey, Elizabeth, I don't think I've ever seen photos of the inside of your home, sugar. How about treating us to that? I'd love to see your english/french cottage. xoxo, Connie
DD has missed one week of school and it's her Brevet year. The Dordogne has run out of grit, we've had a hoar frost 2 nights on the trot, and another forecast for tonight. We've still got snow lying which has been there for what seems like weeks!!!!
But the French have started pruning the vines and trees are being polareded so perhaps there just could be an end in sight.
We had this a couple of days ago and there's still a little bit around. I hope it's going north, so should be in England today and tomorrow. I had enough of it here last time!
My goodness you're having a real winter this year. And we are way above average in temperatures - the trees are beginning to swell and the cherry trees downtown are blossoming! Not good for the needed snow for the Olympics.
Oh no! Not on the first day of the Love month! I have no patience with snow right now unless it gives me a "SNOW DAY" at school, then I'd love sitting home and relaxing!
Good riddance to January !! I feel like this every year because there is now potentially only 4 more weeks of bad weather (snow) then we are nearly into Spring.
I think this is why time flies when you get to my age - I wish away about a third of the year - hoping it will go as fast as possible. I don't remember feeling like this so much when I was younger (under 40 that is !).
Trouble is, time goes just as fast in the better months - must try to get them to slow down !!
You didn,t have it all to yourself , we had our share too--------cottonreel
ReplyDeleteWe had it yesterday but it didn't stick. Hey, Elizabeth, I don't think I've ever seen photos of the inside of your home, sugar. How about treating us to that? I'd love to see your english/french cottage.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Connie
Yikes! I thought you'd been to the beach when I saw this photo as a tunmbnail on my blog list! How wrong could I get...
ReplyDeleteglorious white out yesterday but today it has more or less gone much to the kids annoyance, more to come as they promsise a hard february!
ReplyDeleteDD has missed one week of school and it's her Brevet year. The Dordogne has run out of grit, we've had a hoar frost 2 nights on the trot, and another forecast for tonight. We've still got snow lying which has been there for what seems like weeks!!!!
ReplyDeleteBut the French have started pruning the vines and trees are being polareded so perhaps there just could be an end in sight.
Oh to be warm!
Hi Elizabeth
ReplyDeleteWe had this a couple of days ago and there's still a little bit around. I hope it's going north, so should be in England today and tomorrow. I had enough of it here last time!
My goodness you're having a real winter this year. And we are way above average in temperatures - the trees are beginning to swell and the cherry trees downtown are blossoming! Not good for the needed snow for the Olympics.
ReplyDeleteOh no! Not on the first day of the Love month! I have no patience with snow right now unless it gives me a "SNOW DAY" at school, then I'd love sitting home and relaxing!
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Elizabeth!
Sharon
Good riddance to January !! I feel like this every year because there is now potentially only 4 more weeks of bad weather (snow) then we are nearly into Spring.
ReplyDeleteI think this is why time flies when you get to my age - I wish away about a third of the year - hoping it will go as fast as possible. I don't remember feeling like this so much when I was younger (under 40 that is !).
Trouble is, time goes just as fast in the better months - must try to get them to slow down !!
The header photo is lovely.
Love your home,Elizabeth, elle est jolie! Those beams are fabulous! BTW, did you teach French? Linda
ReplyDeleteOh dear, more of the white stuff! We got plenty of it in Burgundy as well. The dogs loved it.
ReplyDelete