No, not my next holiday destination, fascinating though
that would be.
This is where my grandson (24) and his girlfriend have been travelling since January.
They saved enough money to give themselves
6 months of travel, and began with 2 weeks trekking in Nepal, using guides and
climbing up to 17 000 feet.
It seems amazing to me that we can follow their progress on Flickr
that we can see hundreds of the photos of their journey.
They have ridden on elephants,
watched Rhinos, played with monkeys, and above all
have learned so much about the hospitality and friendliness
of the Nepalese.

Now they are on a two-day bus journey to India, with New Zealand and Thailand
waiting in the wings.
Isnt it wonderful to be young and able to travel the world?

What a neat trip! I agree, it would be nice to be young again. :-)
ReplyDeleteVery cool! Good for them! I will tell my student who is from Nepal about their lovely experiences with her people. She is lovely, too.
ReplyDeleteGosh, as you say, it's a real sign of the times that it's possible to track travellers in a way that even recently seemed inconceivable!
ReplyDeleteThat is an experience that they will never forget. Too bad more people can't do something like this. I think it would be a good thing for the world to understand other cultures.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Marilyn
xxoo
Had I known I would have offered to carry thier bags! I am so pleased for them an a littl green too!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a dream fulfilled. I will pray for safe travels and that they enjoy every minute of their trip without longing for home. Blessings to you and yours.
ReplyDeleteTo be young, yes, would be cool - but we can be old and travel the world too. Last summer we met a couple from Europe, who had come to Canada and rented a travel trailer and were journaling their journey on a web-site for all to see. Now that was cool - and they weren't all that young!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a really magical trip, its brilliant that they saved up for it and can do it all while they are young and carefree. I loved travelling when I was young, these days, however, I am happy being at home either here or in France, and looking at faraway places on the telly. No more wanderlust.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous journey. I confess my knowledge of Nepal is somewhat limited - although I DO know "There's a one-eyed yellow idol to the north of Kathmandu" off by heart.
ReplyDeleteAnd so lovely that you can follow their progress
Good for them - although I think they should have invited you along!
ReplyDeleteApart from the occasional eccentric hippy-type, such trips were unheard of when I was their age. I never had such opportunities. Keeping my head above water and food in my stomach was all I could manage.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad they haven't just put it on the credit cards - enjoy now and pay for it somehow later. Very wise.
Isn't it amazing to be able to see pictures as they go through technology, and comforting to know all is going well too. Fantastic trip.
ReplyDeleteOh to be young,
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting trip.
My Husbands grandson went to Katkmandu. I just never would have even thought to go there.
They really are covering the globe.
You will have lots of stories when they get home.
That does sound like an adventure....much stamina required, one definitely for the young! I hope they stay safe and have a wonderful time.
ReplyDelete