
This isnt my physiotherapist, but just an indication of the work they do. A physiotherapist in France is known as a Kinestherapist.
I was amazed the first time I ever went to an appointment to find there were no private rooms. Instead there are curtained areas where up to three other patients are treated at the same time....one or other of the consultants running between each. It's all very jolly and if you catch sight of someone you know it is treated as an opportunity for a nice chat.
It is a bit disconcerting to know that every squeak one makes is heard by all the other patients...and I have to admit that there were squeaks, even howls. I told my physio that he was cruel, but he only laughed. Heartily.
Despite the suffering , he is doing a good job, and going three times a week means that the pain levels are gradually diminishing. I am sure I will, eventually, regard the support collar I have to wear as the ultimate in French chic....non?
My niece is going to college to be a physical therapist. That would be embarrassing to hear everyone else! I'm glad it's working and you are feeling better though.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I'd want everyone to hear my "squeaks or screams" either, honey. Most disconcerting!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Connie
You know, you could decorate that support collar with all sorts of things. Hmmm, you you knit or crochet a little cowl to go over it and then pin some bling to it. Or millinery flowers, or a felted heart........
ReplyDeleteHello Elizabeth,
ReplyDeleteWell it's a good sign it's going better. Don't mind the noises and all that ... And yes, a patchwork collar? ;)
Take care & all the best, Carolien
I am glad you are feeling better, but I am oh so sorry that you must wear a coollar. Those things are a bit uncomfortable themselves. I am praying for you to feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteOuch!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to read that you are still in pain, but you are doing all that you can and soon you'll be supple and pain-free again.
Of course - a French cervical collar could only be tres chic!
Get well soon! Son 2 had spent time with the Kiné due to a curvature of the spine - he found it tiring but helpful. I do hope yours is successful and soon!
ReplyDeleteYour parcel has arrived - thanks so much.
Non.. not even teh French can make a surgicval collar look chic.get well soon.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteI think physios work on the cruel to be kind principle.
Keep going it really helps. Feel better.
ReplyDeleteyvonne
I am sure you can dress up the collar in some chic french style - have you a Hermes Scarf??
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about the pain though.
Praying you are comfortable again soon
Barbara...Praying your neck gets better soon. Ouch and ohhh how painful your days must be.
ReplyDeleteGod loves you!
Maureen
It will help for sure, just takes a while. I think I am gonna have to do that too. I am doing therapy on my own at home, what I was taught to do another time, but it is not as helpful has having someone to push you harder. Blessings
ReplyDeleteQMM
Hope the therapy is working. Is it yur computer mouse the culprit. All the scrolling withmy mouse has given me problems with shoulder and neck.
ReplyDeleteNo private rooms - sounds like France.
Sounds like the big hospital emergency room. No privacy! I'd like a support collar some days especially when I'm too long at the computer!
ReplyDelete