Closed now.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lent reflection 2.

An Invocation for Lent.

Into the dark world
a snowdrop comes,
a blessing of hope and peace
carrying within it a green heart.
symbol of God's renewing love.
Come to inhabit our darkness, Lord Christ,
for dark and light are alike to you.
May Nature's white candles of hope
remind us of your birth
and lighten our journey
through Lent and beyond.

By Kate McIlhagga
a minister and member of
The Iona community.


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful - and lovely that we both chose images of flowers for this second reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Nature's white candles of hope' - that is wonderful! I now have two white candles of hope in our garden, and plenty of hope that they will divide and provide me with a real display one of these years!

    Thanks very much for that beautiful prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful thought in words and picture. Is the snowdrop from your garden?

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had failed to post for this second Sunday. Thank you so much for your material for reflection. I am a little dismayed at myself because I am so tired of the drab weather. No sun to take pictures and the dampness makes all the aches and pains worse. I know it will soon be gone and the beautiful sprouts will soon spring forth. Think I will go light some candles and paint a picture. A picture of hope. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for reminding me
    of this time. Beautiful.


    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful snowdrops and the poem is a lovely reflection of the light of Christ. I'm going to copy this down to remember when next year's snowdrops appear.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, "and lighten our journey" indeed. I love the double meaning there. Thank you, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful, Elizabeth and so is the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sadly none of nature's white candles of hope here not even a faint glimmer. Mud yes but then that is cause for reflection in itself perhaps just as we need winter to appreciate Spring and all the wonders that come with it perhaps we need the mud life throws at us to appreciate the light?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite lovely, Elizabeth. (And I love the delicate blue of that gorgeous Hermes scarf below, too, if that's not too worldly of me!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the prayer - the Iona community really come up with beautiful things

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thank you for visiting me.