Closed now.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Hermes........


Angela left a comment on my last post, suggesting that I create a chic look for my neck support collar with a Hermes scarf.
Well, as it happens, I do have one! I had to hunt, but here it is. I was given it about 40 years ago by a French lady whose son had been on an exchange visit to us. What a charming present!
Now it is a little worn, but still very much a Hermes design. Do you think 40 years is enough to call it vintage?
Looking at Ebay I see that it could be valued at anything between £1.40 and £226. How one can tell the value I can't imagine. I shall just bring it out of retirement and do as Ang suggested. Very chic.

17 comments:

  1. I wore a silk scarf that my son bought for me many years ago , that and ibrufen eased my neck . It seems o,k now , --cottonreel---

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Hermes scarf is beautiful. The colours are so soft. You'll be "la femme la plus chic" with your collar thus adorned.

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous scarf. Here is hoping you wear it after your neck has healed!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est tellement chic, madame!

    Bye, hus and have a great weekend. I hope you feel better already.

    Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintage is pre 1980, at the mo, so it's the real thing! It really is rather nice - I even like it faded.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it should be the brightest and flashiest scarf you can find for your collar, sweetpea! Let 'em know you're coming! LOL
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth, I am glad that you are feeling better enought to indulge in the value of Hermes. I do quite like their 24 Faubourg scent, and have worn its since its launch.

    Back to the scarf. I also used to know how to do silk screen printing, and know that Hermes scarf printing is detailed, multiple prints, perfect registration. Love your scarf, use it now, wear it after your recovery. You've got a treasure there.

    Hoping that you're feeling a bit better every day, Elizabeth. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's Hermes design!! Very chic beauty! your scarf is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure that the scarf will speed the healing process!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The perfect 'chic' disguise.

    How lucky you were to have French students bearing such lovely gifts - we invariably got something from the local tourist office and if v.v. lucky some local wine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful scarf, and what a great way to boost yourself in the midst of recovery. Glad to hear you're beginning to feel a little better. Love and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The scarf looks lovely and what a great idea to transform a support collar. I'm afraid I haven't been diligent in reading your blogs and hadn't realised you had hurt yourself.
    Do hope you are better soon - but, of course, you can go on wearing the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tres chic. I have two Hermes, one I wear all the time and another, bought almost thirty years ago, that matches nothing I own. Maybe that "vintage"w one needs to go to ebay. Wishes for a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh, very chic! Yes, do wear it, you will be in style! What was old is new again!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thank you for visiting me.