Closed now.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Connie asked.....

Connie asked me to find some photos of our house. The house is newish, and was built 3 years ago so not a typical French cottage, Connie!
Our first house was very Breton, a stone farmhouse which needed
renovation. We had it as a holiday house for several years,
and then on retirement lived there permanently.
This house was built to suit our advancing age retirement years and
is all on one floor.
This is the sitting room, or as the French term it..'le salon'.
The photo was taken two years ago, and since then I've made one or two changes.
Maybe some more photos another time.

16 comments:

  1. Very nice. We had a farm house built 1836 in Maine and it was constant repairs. We built a 3 bedroom home all handicap
    ready and it was the best thing we ever did. Enjoy you home, I do...

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your "salon", your chandelier and your stove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful.......
    Love,
    Marilyn
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Connie I swear it is even more beautiful in reality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty salon. It looks so bright too. How long have you been living there permanently now?

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful room. I love the woodwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "le salon" - sounds very grand! Do you use that room a lot or is it 'for best' and you chill out elsewhere....a snug or something maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. I can't tell, are the book cases built in to the walls, or are they free standing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh, thank you, thank you, sweetpea!! I adore it. Yes, it looks very British and homey. I really love the look of it.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful salon! I love the chandelier.

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Breton or not - it still looks like a lovely cozy cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elizabeth,
    Your room is beautiful. Love the light colors. You must enjoy it.
    Since others are aasking questions, I thought of one-
    Is there a certain room that you enjoy your afternoon tea in and can you view your garden from it?
    Blessings,
    Miriam
    p.s.- I hope to email you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely 'salon'...very welcoming!
    I hope you are enjoying the beautiful snow from the comforts of your 'salon' with plenty of hot tea and scones :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely, bright salon you have! Thanks for sharing and ... I love your cat too! ;)

    Hugs, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is something my hubby keeps telling me for us to prepare for our ahem "retirement years". I look out the window at the hill in front and wonder how we will make it up that to feed the chickens!!!
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love the white. What a wonderful rom. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thank you for visiting me.