Closed now.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Womens Day of Prayer.


I have just returned for our Womens World Day of Prayer service
in our local church.
This year it was prepared by Christian women of France, which made me feel connected to the country which was our home for twelve years. The church was decorated in French colours, with the flags hanging above. Photos of France and windowsills full of French food and drink were all around the church....and we were welcomed with an aperitif (just fruit juice!)
The theme was 
'I was a stranger and you welcomed me',
which in our case was very appropriate.
One of the songs was written specially for the service, and was very touching.

Comm'un grain seme sur vos terres fertiles le vent me porte
Je suis l'etranger dans les rues de vos villes,
Le vent m'a porte

Translation
Like a seed that is sown on your fertile lands, the wind carried me.
I am the stranger in the streets of your towns,
the wind carried me.

The last verse says 
Every time you welcome a stranger, child of God
It's me, the Lord, that you welcome.

44x66mm.pdf [ 1 ], page 1 @ Preflight ( Layout 1 )
Linked to Pamela at.......ourshelteringtree.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. Very relevant. I have been so wolcomed and included this week - an older French woman at the supermarket checkout queue noticed I was in working clothes the other day, and asked me: 'Do you have to get back to work? If so, please go ahead of me - I remember what it was like.' She had no idea how much I appreciated it on that particular, rushed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, wherever we find ourselves at various times in our lives, this theme can ring so true...not just to receive, but also to have the joy of giving.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!

    Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me, Elizabeth.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't attended a Women's Day of Prayer in a few years. Thanks for reminding me of how important it was and continues to be. The words were touching.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thank you for visiting me.