The last post was a sad one , I know.
However, here's a photo of a happy work in progress. (click to see the cat fabric more clearly)
This may sound very odd, but it is a quilt for a Cat. Note the capital C.
Teddy is a very Special Cat, who belongs to a dear friend. A cat with Character, who knows his own mind.
He originally lived in a first floor flat above a hairdresser's salon, and never went out. When they left the building a home was needed for poor Teddy, and my friend was persuaded to take him on.
She lives the middle of the countryside, surrounded by fields and woods.
It took a long time for Teddy to even venture out, but now he behaves as if he owns the land.
Teddy likes to sleep on the kitchen table, on the kitchen chair, on the Aga, on the top of the fridge....
You name it, he has tried it out.
So I thought I would make him his Very Own Quilt.
It;s just a simple one.
Knowing Teddy he will probably love it---for about a week.
Then it will be interesting to see where he goes next!
That is a lovely cat fabric - one Very Fine Quilt for a Very Special Cat!!
ReplyDeleteCats always make me laugh because they do exactly what they want exactly when they want to do it! Love the quilt. :-)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt, what a loved cat! Amber has a tatty old cushion in front of the radiator, in the summer it moves to a sunny spot, she sits on it wherever it goes.
ReplyDeleteTeddy will love this quilt. The colour and alternative patterned squares are great fun. I'm sure he will lie on it a lot. Our Gino has a favourite chair with a cozy cushion. (I think cats go to something with a familiar smell).
ReplyDeleteLucky Teddy to be given such a fine quilt.What better place than to live in the country side, just think of all those mice out there......xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely gift! Our beagle has his own blankets. He likes to sleep with his head and eyes covered. Go figure ... xoxo
ReplyDeleteLucky teddy, I know that fabric of old and love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHey, can I be a cat in Cornwall and have my own quilted blankie please? Teddy sounds totally spoiled............and very loved.
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is great - you are sweet to make it for him.
Mary X
Lucky Teddy to have such a lovely bedspread! :)
ReplyDelete