I thought it was about time that I did a bit of sewing.
I have a friend whose 80th birthday is in May. We lived close by in France and used to do our Patchwork together.
Now, like us, she has moved back to England, sadly not close by but living in Cambridgeshire.
These are the colours that she likes, and I'm going to make a Dresden Plate cushion (pillow) for her birthday present.
I will have to get on with it!
That looks lovely, I like the colours. I have never done a plate but have admired them.A cushion will make a great gift.
ReplyDeleteA pretty cushion is always a welcome gift, especially one in such warm colours. Lucky friend!
ReplyDeleteOh, pretty! I'm sure she'll love it!
ReplyDeleteLove the colours - that will be a pretty cushion xxx
ReplyDeleteGood Afternoon Elizabethd, Your friend will love the Dresden Plate cushion you are making for her. You have chosen such pretty colours. I have sewn a Dresden Plate only once before and I was pleased with the results.
ReplyDeleteCan I ask you, what is the name of the beautiful white rose you had in your French garden, it is stunning.....as is your entryway.
Enjoy your weekend.
Best Wishes
Daphne
How lovely! Your friend is blessed to have you in her life...:)I love pillows and a special one handmade by a friend is even better! Be sure to post a photo when you finish it!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane
I love the colors! She's going to be very happy with her birthday cushion!
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be gorgeous! :) xx
ReplyDeleteShe'll love it, I'm sure. Handmade gifts are the best.
ReplyDeletehoping....
Elizabeth, I know that whenever you do finish that beautiful patchwork, you friend will be delighted.
ReplyDeleteit's good that your ex-ex-pats are staying in touch. Friends are true treasures.
xo
I too love the colours youve chosen and the shape of that cushion! its going to be a very special gift for your friend!
ReplyDeleteLooking good already
ReplyDeletePretty colors!
ReplyDeleteThe Dresden plate is a really pretty pattern too. :-)
It looks beautiful, and I'm sure your friend will love it. Have a great week! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI know you are missing your established French garden at this blooming time of year, BUT, great beauty is ahead in the Cornish garden I just know - your green thumb will make magic dear.
ReplyDeleteThat will be a lovely gift - pretty colors.
Thanks for the kind words regarding my MIL - I hope she could understand our whispers.
Hugs - Mary