Closed now.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Vintage linen

Calling all linen hunter-gatherers! (Floss, Lululiz!)
I know that many of you collect linen. If you are interested in any of the following
let me know. My e mail is on the profile page.
A contribution to our church fete, plus postage
is all I need. I cant post outside Europe, sorry.
We have the annual Church Fete next Saturday, and the weather is not
going to be as good as today, according to the forecast.
The lady who has been sorting out the bric a brac stall
came to me with a bag of linen and said, 'It's all dirty, shall
I throw it out?' No, no no!!
I love revitalising vintage linen and opened the bag to find some
pretty little cloths and mats.

Now washed and starched there is a sweet little dressing table set.

A mat with a monogram of M or W depending on which way up it is.



A beautiful little cloth, 20ins x28ins, edged with lace,
and with a monogram of F




A little mat with drawn threadwork. there are two of these, but one is damaged.
In the top photo you can also see a small tablecloth
with embroidery on each corner.


18 comments:

  1. How could I resist the 'F'? I would love to make a donation to your church fair and postage to have my very own (nickname) initial - I've never found one! And thanks very, very much for the parcel you sent me - I shall send a proper reply soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely linens, Elizabeth. I hope your church fete is a success.
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I wish I lived in Europe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all lovely. I'd love to fly over for your church fete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference between your church fete and any kind of sale over here. We'd just see a lot of old and stained baby clothes and flea-bitten furs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so lovely, I'm glad they were saved! Hope the weather cooperates for the event.

    {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all! I have a small cloth with the crochet edging almost identical to the one you have pictured but mine doesn't have the letter "F". The cotton is so fine - beautiful handiwork we don't see these days! They must be a good few years old I'd say.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely. I'm so glad you are finding good homes for them and that your Church will benefit as well.. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Peg I wish I lived in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely! And how fun to have a church fete. We never had them in our Anglican church in the US which is a shame. Very Miss Read...lol. I hope it was a big success and the weather was not as bad as forecasted. Did you sell all the vintage linen?

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello sorry for the late reply but been to Whitby and only just logged on. I would love any napkins that you may have that are not already bagged. Also left a message to say I have sent my letter to Traci in the USA and now awaiting a reply. Love the lupins by the way.... Beverley
    www.beverleylovestosew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I lived in Europe. I once did and I miss those days.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love washing and starching my tray cloths and small linens.I have one more parish fete to go to, but didn't find any treasures this year, but did buy my stash of books as usual.Just blogged about it. So sorry I missed your letter exchange. Great idea. I must find more time to blog. Hos is your lovely garden?

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful they all are! I especially like the linen in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Floss picked the perfect piece for herself, how lovely! I would have gone for the one with the W (or M), but somebody else has pipped me to the post. My own fault, should have tried to spend some time in blogland over the weekend. I am sure they have all gone to lovely new homes.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thank you for visiting me.