Closed now.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Lupins

A friend brought these Lupins for me yesterday.
She said she just 'scattered them in the garden'.
I've begged her to save seeds for me next year,
but I don't think Lupins ever come true to their original colour.
As you can see, mine are all the same colour.
Attractive, but I'd like more variety.
My roses are just beginning to bloom.
I'll take the camera out later when it's not so hot.
For now, I'm going to lounge in the sun on the terrace.

14 comments:

  1. Love those lupins!

    Looking forward to seeing the roses. Here in New York, it is suddenly very hot and the beautiful roses down the street from me have burst into the fullest of full bloom. I hope it cools off a bit to allow more flowers in a few weeks.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lupins! They remind me of early summer trips to Nova Scotia - the ditches and roadsides are full of them. I've tried to grow them here with no luck at all - would love to just 'scatter the seeds'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so pretty! It is really warm here too...perfect for lounging around in the shade : )

    Gemma X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, sun!!! We got a taste of it yesterday, but it's gone again today. Lovely lupins - the ones I used to have were a purple color if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Lupins, I remember collecting Lupin seeds with my father as a child :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lupins have been showing up all over blogland lately...I have never noticed any here in Southern California. They do have such pretty colors. Your post reminds me of a children's story I recently was introduced to by another blogger. The story is called Miss Rumphius. She 'scatters seeds' wherever she goes and beautiful lupins come up every year all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our late neighbour, Syd, had no lupins in his garden but woke up one morning to find them all over the place, presumably dropped by the birds, but having read your other commenters, maybe Miss Rumphius came calling?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love lupins! They don't have the chance to grow in our garden though. I planted them several times but some animals looooooooove to eat them! Every bit of it. It's not fair :( Well, never mind, it's nice to see yours!

    Have a nice weekend & enjoy your garden,
    Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  9. My DIL has lupins growing wild in her garden (which she never weeds!) so I think I'll have to get some seeds from her when the flowers are over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely. I have not seen those in real life in probably close to 20 years! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous colours! Love them.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never knew you could use lupins as cut flowers? Jos loves them! We never have success with them in the garden though.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. So that's what they're called. I have a wonderful bush of them left here by the previous owner. Mine are all the same pink also, but are pretty. However, I don't like when they stop blooming-mine get rather decrepit looking, but I put large pots of other flowers around them to hide the ickiness until the bush rights itself again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lupins don't do well in our climate but it doesn't stop my from appreciating the beautiful colors from your bouquet. Those are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thank you for visiting me.