Closed now.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Days away

We are off for a few days, visiting friends in the
Vendee region of France, about a four hour journey Southwards.
Noirmoutier is an 'almost island' in that one can drive there at low tide over a causeway,
but now has a very smart bridge across.
Noirmoutiers is famous here for its new potatoes,
and when they first come into the markets they are eagerly
snapped up.

Our friends don't live far`from here
and we really love this pretty part of the West coast.
Back sometime next week.

19 comments:

  1. Hope that you have a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that you have a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it's a pleasure to go there, honey. I know the new potatoes would be a draw for ME....
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bon voyage!....and enjoy those delicious little nuggets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time - will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely time with your friends and come back with lots of lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy holidays!I have been to the vendee region on family holidays,St.Jean Du Mont,and to Noirmoutier lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful vacation. Looking forward to some photos when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Elizabeth,enjoy ,enjoy--cottonreel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoping that you have taken your camera with you, Elizabethd!

    I am so happy to have the lavender heart that you've sent.

    Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah Noirmoutier with its famous (though sadly non-existent when we visited) 'microclimat.'

    I remember sitting eating Moules frites huddled in an overcoat on Easter Sunday outside one of the restaurants while a freezing fog rolled in from the sea. And it had been quite warm when we set out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great trip. Can't wait to hear all about it. yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your holidays, it is a nice region over there. I wish I could be there as well and breathe that lovely and energizing salted air !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I am envious, have a lovely time x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Take time to rest up and drink in all of those beautiful surroundings! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Elizabeth, I am slowly getting round to visiting all my old bloggy friends! I'm back blogging again (crazy woman that I am)!

    Hope you have a lovely time away!

    Love, Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful place!~I suppose the potatoes are special from the soil in which they grow. I love potatoes!!! Hope you are having a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thank you for visiting me.