Here we go again!
It's the month for the annual Church Fete.
As is normal, the weather forecast is for rain, so we need to plan for an
indoor event, which isnt as much fun.
Fun?
It's amazing how grown up people can turn into something
that reminds me of teaching days.
'Please miss, where shall I put this table/cup and saucer/chair...?'
'Where do the cakes go??' (Maybe on the cake stall?)
My efforts have been for the Craft stall this year.
I've made cushions, lavender hearts in Strip patchwork,
and little bags in which to carry a teddy. Always useful.
I'm also in the middle of baking. Three cakes and
half a million scones
That's what comes of advertising 'Le The anglaise'
That's what comes of advertising 'Le The anglaise'
(English Cream tea!)
Aren't yoou clever , I love Teddy bags but I think the boys might be a bit old for those otherwise I would buy one! Do hope it goes well despite the weather.
ReplyDeleteYour items are beautiful. It reminds me of quilt work my sister used to do (she's passed now). I hope your event is successful. I enjoy your blog!
ReplyDeleteYour cushions, bags and hearts all look lovely, I hope that you are very successful :)
ReplyDeleteLovely items that you are making~they will be scoooped up in no time flat! Could you share your scone recipe with us some day!??! I love them so, but have not perfected making them. Have a lovely day! XO
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely collection of handmade items for your table. I'll bet they'll be scooped up in no time. Good luck with the fete!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, you have been busy, and still are, I hear, no wonder you have no time right now to make tags, lol. Your patchwork cushions are gorgeous, and those lavender hearts, fabulous. Are they filled with lavender from your garden? The lavender I had from you in the rainbow colour swap last year is still smelling so sweetly.
ReplyDeleteIt all sounds/looks lovely! Your items are beautiful which is always a great thing if your trying to sell them!
ReplyDeleteSave me a scone ; -)
Gemma X
Oh Elizabeth, you will be sold out in absolutely no time at all. That selection is beautiful, and those little teddy bags are true winners!
ReplyDeleteAnd did you say that there will also be cakes and scones? That is going to be one amazing fete. Please do try to take some photos of the other selections. I remember the pictures from prior occasions.
Best wishes for wonderful weather, too. xo
Beautiful contributions - wish I could be there to partake in the tea and buy some goodies. All the best for a wonderful day
ReplyDeleteBeautiful craft work I am sure it will sell like hot cakes!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun that is all the baked goods and handmade crafts. I love those affairs. yvonne
ReplyDeleteYour work is beautiful and will be a great addition to the church fĂȘte. Too bad about the rain - it's the same here.
ReplyDeleteWe adore Church fetes too. Them and village fairs; you can be sure the handiwork is just that - made by someones own hands,using their own ideas.
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful work - I hope you raise lots of money!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am sure the scones will go down a treat [nb how do the French pronounce the 's' word?]
Elizabeth, hope it is a success! Love the items you made. You are quite talented!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Miriam
I'm coming...just for some of those 'half a million' scones! Hope it goes well for you.
ReplyDeleteI'd give anything to be there in cool weather - even if raining - and enjoying a real Devon/Cornish cream tea!! We're having searing 90+ temps. here and my beautiful garden is struggling - weekend with hoses will be keeping us busy I'm afraid.
ReplyDeleteJust want to thank you dear for the comments on my Africa posts - it was the most awesome trip of my entire life......and of course I've got a lot more stories and pics to share yet!
Happy a successful fete - know people will love to buy your pretties.....and nibble your cakes and scones.
Hugs - Mary
I guess your church fete will be well underway as I write this - I am praying the weather will be good enough to bring people out in their hundreds and your stalls all get sold out!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
How nice! You are sweet to contribute so much!
ReplyDeleteHi Elizabeth,
ReplyDeleteYour goodies will be a hit with the church fete for they are made with love. Gorgeous work.
I hope the rain stays away.
big hugs,
Barb
Beautiful. I wish I could attend your fete.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to pop down over the border for a cream tea with you & browse the stalls in the Church.
ReplyDeleteHope the sun shines for you all.
Maggie @ Normandy Life
I wish I could be there. I might buy all of your lovely pieces and have too many yummy scones.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have some Devonshire cream and homemade strawberry jam to go with those scones.
ReplyDeleteSooo talented, what gorgeous things you have made, we could do with your input at the craft fairs here!!
ReplyDeletePosie x
Half a million scones...that's a lot of baking, she said with a smile...
ReplyDeleteI would have enjoyed browsing those English books....